3/27/2009

MOVIE REVIEW: VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA

B. McGILLICUDDY

This movie was okay. It struck me as a little cyclical. I kind of had an idea of where it was going the whole time. I know I'm "Post-Oscar" late on this one, but I just finished watching it finally. I think Woody Allen may be autistic. I just checked Wikipedia, he's definitely autistic. This film was about romau in some sense, but then in others it was about cultural norms and social expectations, and on a whole other level it was about every actor in the film except for Penelope Cruz channeling Woody Allen. Did she get an Oscar for this film? I missed it apparently. I didn't like Vicky. I mean, I did, but I didn't. And I did like Cristina, I mean, not really, but she's def got some DSLs. I once thought I might honeymoon in Barcelona. I just changed my mind. Kinda don't want to be an artist anymore.

* *1/2 out of * * * * *

B. McGILLICUDDY

1 comment:

archive