3/27/2009

MOVIE REVIEW: 4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS

B. McGILLICUDDY

I had a friend in Junior High who was from Romania. He was born at about the time this "period piece" was set. I thought that the 1980's were pretty bad in New York and Washington D.C. But if I compare the mental image of crack and AIDS running rampant with the actual visual projection of this film's depiction of Romania, I'm going to have to say it's a close call which one's more difficult to take lightly. The movie's about a girl. She's in college. She has a roommate and a boyfriend and a contact. And it gets pretty smutty/painful to watch from there on out. But it kept me riveted. And I didn't turn away when they showed the ____________ corpse. So, if you want to kind of lose all respect for European people, if you haven't already, but gain a lot of respect for European filmmaking, I definitely recommend this movie.

* *1/2 out of * * * * *

B. McGILLICUDDY

No comments:

Post a Comment

archive