3/24/2009

MEGALO

B. McGILLICUDDY

I'm a pseudo-romantic, megalomaniacal, uberdisestablismentarianist. There are three inherent problems with this fact, corresponding with each big useless word, listed above.

ON BEING PSEUDO-ROMANTIC
Chivalry's dead y'all. Can't bring Lancelot back from that big place in the sky that all fictional douchebags go to, so why try? But I was taught to "respect women" and to "open the door for ladies" and that "if she says 'no' three times, then she means it", and old habits die hard. Especially if you like them.*

ON BEING MEGALOMANIACAL
That's when your ego's all blown out of proportion and you think people think you're the shit when they definitely don't. I got kanYe West syndrome y'all.

ON BEING AN UBERDISESTABLISHMENTARIANIST
This concerns separation of church and state, and also happens to be a made up word to show the intensity of my stance on the issue, and if you've seen the movie "There Will Be Blood", you know, at least metaphorically, what the inherent problem is.

I basically made this post because I think the prefix "megalo" is the shit.

B. McGILLICUDDY

*See previous post, "HOT SMOKING MISS" for best example.

1 comment:

  1. I added a link
    http://romanticrhetoric.blogspot.com/2009/02/hot-smoking-miss.html

    ReplyDelete

archive