3/18/2009

JUSTIN M. JIMINEZ PRESENTS "MOVIE MIND"

B. McGILLICUDDY

A buddy of mine and fellow filmmaker wrote a poem that resonated with me. I don't know if it's meaningful or if he cried while writing it, or if he was just jerking out ideas for his own psychological masturbation, but he's a self-professed Bohemian, and we here at Romantic Rhetoric support Bohemian art.


"MOVIE MIND (WORKING TITLE)
By JUSTIN M. JIMINEZ

My movie mind remembers pictures
Images of past, present, and future scenes
I write to turn these dystopic dreams
Into idyllic lines of prose
To weigh the pros and cons of keeping you
Within my mind’s memory banks
Do I store these miserly thoughts,
Keep them fresh for a hopeful scene?
Or do I dispose of these leftover images
And feed them to hungry souls?
This is my movie mind."


Also, he's a regular reader, so he's got street cred in our scene yo. Keep 'em coming duder.

B. McGILLICUDDY

No comments:

Post a Comment

archive