3/29/2009

MOVIE REVIEW: TWILIGHT EPISODE IV: VAMPIRES IN SEATTLE

B. McGILLICUDDY



At first I thought this movie was going to be gay. Then I watched some of it, and I noticed that the cinematography was irrefutably visually appealing/zany/did not accent the action scenes very well. The story isn't very believable, but that's okay, because vampires are 'cool'. Then I noticed that Kristen Stewart is pretty hot, so I kept watching. Then I realized that they spent a lot of time not explaining anything, and then suddenly spent a lot of time explaining everything, which was a huge bummer. I'd rather either a) not have known or b) been shown, not told. But my expectations were too high I guess. And then, for some reason they decided that Kristen Stewart should do a voice-over for part of the movie, which was a bit off-putting. The action scenes, which should have been good, were just confusing. Then I realized that all the plot devices and uses of slow-motion photography were all really weak. But luckily, Kristen Stewart (and the rest of the cast, generally) stayed hot for the whole movie, so I finished it.

* *1/2 out of * * * * *

B. McGILLICUDDY

No comments:

Post a Comment

archive